South India Baptist Bible College & Seminary offers five basic degree programs, one diploma course and four advanced degree programs. Students can choose the suitable program based on their educational level, calling and needs. An entrance examination will be conducted for all students seeking admission to these programs. Only successful candidates shall be admitted to the particular course
Marry Ann Ball Library & Research Center at South Baptist Bible College & Seminary, Coimbatore, offers Library Course CERTIFICATE IN LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE(CLIS) in one year with excellent theory and practical classes enabling the students to work in christian libraries more efficiently and effectively. Students who are currently enrolled in other programs in the Seminary may enroll in this course to obtain a dual degree.
The purpose of this course is to provide students with a basic foundation in Biblical knowledge and ministry.
This is a two year course for candidates who have not passed S.S.L.C., or Matriculation examination.
The purpose of this course is to provide students with basic foundation in Biblical knowledge and ministry.
This is a four year degree course for candidates who have passed S.S.L.C., or Matriculation or its equivalent examination with eligibility to college courses.
This course is designed to provide students with sound biblical foundation and equip them for evangelism and ministries of the church.
The Master of Religious Education degree program is designed for the purpose of equipping persons for competent leadership in specialized areas of Para church ministry, especially the Christian education ministry.
The Master of Arts program in Christian Counseling is designed to teach and train students for counseling based on the Biblical priciples and Christian values in church or para church couseling settings.
The Master of Arts in Bible Translation program is designed to prepare individuals in translation principles, procedures, skills, as well as courses in linguistics, enabling them for the sacred task of translating the Bible.
Candidates should have graduated with a Bachelor of Thelogy degree from SIBBC or an institution that follows a similar theological position.
Students may also be considered based upon the following credentials
1. A bachelor’s degree from a secular institution in the field of education, linguistics, literacy or a similar field of study.
2. Ministry experience and theological training in a local church setting. These candidates may not be eligible for the Master’s Degree.
The Master of Divinity program is for candidates with a secular Bachelors or a Bible College degree who, desire to study further than the bachelors level in their quest for effectiveness in ministry. Hebrew and Greek grammar, syntax and exegesis are required along with other specific subjects.
The candidate should have graduated with a Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) degree from South India Baptist Bible College & Seminary or any other institution that follows a similar curriculum and takes the same theological position.
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination with B+ or above average.
- A candidate who has acquired below 3.0 overall in B.Th. may apply for M.Div. after one year of active Christian service following his graduation.
- A graduate in B.A./B.Sc./B.Com who want to go for the M.Div program must first complete a one year Pre-M.Div course which is specially designed for degree holders and then may join the M.Div. Course,(total of 3 years to complete M.Div.)
The Master of Theology is an advanced two-year degree program for candidates with M.Div., specializing in one particular field of study. SIBBC&S offers M.Th., in four such fields, namely, Old Testament, New Testament, Theology, and Missiology. Advanced Hebrew and Greek exegesis are required along with the specific subjects, and a thesis on an approved topic in the area of specialization.
- Good Christian standing.
- Aptitude for advanced learning and potential for significant Christian ministry.
- A Master of Divinity degree with a B+ average from South India Baptist Bible College & Seminary or from its sister institutions.
- M.Div with a B+ average from any other recognized institution that follows a similar curriculum and takes the same theological position.
- A university degree with a second class. Applicant with a university degree must earn SIBBC& S M.Div. degree course credits in order to qualify for admission.
The Doctor of Ministry program is offered to candidates that are in the ministry or have three or more years ministry experience. The program is structured to develop a good rationale for biblical belief, study social factors that effect ministry, advanced biblical studies, methods of evangelism, church planting, and discipleship. The program is available in residence and in ministry modes.
- Applicant must have a Master of Divinity degree or the equivalent and have at least two years of experience in the ministry.
- Those with an M.A. Degree and at least five years of experience may be admitted by special provision. Some credits may be granted for pastoral and Christian education courses because of the applicant’s experience to make up for M. Div. equivalence. Typical M. Div. academic classes will be assigned to make up the pre-requisite.
- In some cases reading and/or projects may be assigned to be completed either prior to the course or following it.
- All applicants are provisionally admitted to the program and are on evaluation for the first year. The applicant’s eligibility for candidacy in the second year depends upon the collective evaluation report of the faculty handling the classes.
The admissions committee reviews each application, and the applicant is notified of the action. Applicants are reviewed on the basis of their academic record, testimony and extent of their Christian ministry involvement, and the recommendation of their references. An entrance exam is conducted for all post graduate applicants, following which an interview is arranged.
01 Obtain an application form (Free) and Prospectus (Rs 100) from the Admissions Office.
SIBBC&S postal address for requesting material is:
02 Send completed application form with all supporting documents and a non-refundable application processing fee of Rs. 150 (draft or cheque) by registered post or courier to the Registrar’s office.
03 Completed applications should reach the registrar by the 15th of June, to be considered for admission to the academic year commencing in July. A late fee of Rs. I00 will be Charged for all applications received after the 15th of June.
04 All candidates seeking admission should follow the instructions given below; no application will be considered for admission that is incomplete.
- Two passport-size photos.
- One photocopy of each page of all academic records and diplomas : (Please Note: All original certificates of the qualifying examination should be lodged with the registrar for safekeeping at the time of registration for the duration of study at SIBBC&S.)
- Completed physical examination report by a qualified medical practitioner.
- Testimony of your personal salvation experience, along with a statement of your purpose in pursuing studies at SIBBC&S.
- A letter of recommendation and testimony from the applicant’s sending church or organization, indicating their support to the applicant.
- A statement of sponsorship for all students seeking to enroll in the post graduate and doctoral program.
- Students enrolling in post graduate and doctoral programs need to submit three letters of recommendation, sent directly from each Referee to the Registrar’s office
SIBBC&S is a member of the Association of Baptist Bible Colleges & Seminaries, having been awarded accredited status by the comittee on August 2013. SIBBC&S is also a member of the Asia Theological Association (ATA), having been awarded accredited status by the accrediting committee on July 1st 2008